Welcome to the North American MGB Register
- Each and every member would have a voice on policy.
- The officers would be elected by the membership and would offer them selves for re-election at the Annual General Meeting.
- The finances of the REGISTER would be open to all, at any time.
- The North American MGB Register would be dedicated to maintaining and expanding interest in Britain’s most popular sports car .. the MGB.
- The North American MGB Register membership would be open to all, with no restrictions, and where the ownership of an MGB is not a condition of membership.
- Activity, Enthusiasm and Dedication are cherished.
At the foundation meeting, attended by enthusiasts from three continents, it was agreed that the MG Midgets and the MG 1100/1300s would be welcomed into the North American MGB Register and would be actively supported by their own sub-registers. More recently, post 1980 MGs like the RV8, MGF, MGTF & MGC have been welcomed as well and their own sub-registers established.
NAMGBR also sought and gained the approval and support of the MG Car Club of England, the original and oldest of all MG clubs. Consequently NAMGBR is the only national MGB organization in the United States, Mexico and Canada officially sanctioned by the MG Car Club. NAMGBR is also affiliated with the MG Owners Club of England.
The North American MGB Register is proud and privileged to count among our honorary members
- Don Hayter, who participated in styling the MGB
- Ken Costello, father of the MGB V8
- Geoff Allen, who spent most of his career working at Abingdon
- Ken Smith, lifelong dedication to the organization
Our Founding Chairman, John H. Twist is renowned throughout the world for his MG technical expertise and his life-long dedication to the MG marque and he continues to support NAMGBR as our technical coordinator.
The official bylaws of the North American MGB Register are available as a PDF document by clicking this link.